To install Newscoop under Plesk, do the following:
1. Copy the Newscoop package to a directory on your server.
2. Unarchive it using the command: tar xzvf <Newscoop_source> (e.g. tar xzvf newscoop-3.5.0.tar.gz).
3. Enter Newscoop directory: "cd newscoop".
4. Copy the content of src directory into the document root directory of the your plesk vhost, typically /var/www/vhosts/yourdomain.com/httpdocs
5. Start a browser, point it to the http://site_name URL (e.g. yourdomain.com) and follow the installation steps**
6. When you come to the database configuration step, go back to your Plesk and:
- Go to Your domains and enter the desired domain:
- Go to databases available for the domain
- Click on Add a database
- Pick a name for your database
- Next, create a database user. To do so, click on Add User ...
- ... and fill in the database user name and password
7. Then go back to Newscoop installer and fill in the same values you just set up in Plesk for your database.
8. Complete the installation
In case the installation screen doesn't show up in step 5, most probably you need to change permissions with chown -R apache:apache /var/www/vhosts/yourdomain.com/httpdocs (This example is from Plesk with CentOS).