This is a guide for anyone who wants to work on the code for Newscoop.
See this page for a number of developer tools you need to get.
Getting Newscoop sources from the Git repository
To retrieve the sources from the Git repository:
- Set up your SSH key, follow these instructions:http://help.github.com/linux-key-setup/ (except the part about adding it to your GitHub account, you do not need to do that).
- Send your SSH key to Andrey ("Andrey Podshivalov" <email@example.com>).
- Tell Git what your username and password is: http://help.github.com/git-email-settings/
- Check out the repo:
You can always get the sources from our public repository @ github by doing only this:
Installing and setting up
After retrieving the sources enter the Newscoop directory and follow the install instructions from the manual: installing Newscoop from the development branch is not different from installing it from a stable package.
Read the relevant pages from the manual to finish the install process:
Some common issues with Newscoop Installation:
- The web server user must be able to write to these directories:
- Need mysql server and lib packages for Ubuntu: mysql-client, mysql-client-5.1, mysql-server, mysql-server-5.1, mysql-server-core-5.1, php5-mysql