There are several things to check before you actually launch your new website based on Newscoop.
- Register user in support and crm system (zendesk/sugar)
- Check contract if all tasks are resolved
- Make sure client and the team are aware of the exact timing for the launch
Hosting / SysAdmin
If we host the client make sure we and the SysAdmin team has the following information:
- Access to the Domain Hosting (or a contact person with whon we coordinate the switch) to be able to switch to the domain of the client
- A live server setup which provides the software, space and power necessary for the project (write a ticket to SysAdmin team to set up a live server at least one week before the launch date: make sure to provide the info about the Domain Hosting, the support account of the client, the expected traffic and wether secure hosting is required).
- Make sure to plan the maintenance of the site by keeping the labserver and having Stash/Git at hand to allow easy changes to the livesite
- After templating work is finished have in mind to implement caching and save some 4-8 hours time for it.
- Make sure the E-Mail configuration is setup in a way not to get blacklisted by E-Mail providers: Change defaults sender adress from @domain.com to the respective adress of your project.
- Use urls that use names not article numbers
- Make sure all necessary fields are created on livesite that are needed to make your templates work properly
- Make sure Seo Shortdescription and Keywords of articles are rendered in templates (put also Metatags for front- and section-pages)
- Make sure there is a favicon
- Please plan with enough time to apply smarty caching to enhance site speed. Find the documentation on how your code should be organised on this Wiki page:
Smarty cache storage handler
- Fill out searchengine fields
All features and functionalities should be intensively tested and debugged such as:
- User login and registration