Live Blog is all about "live" and as a result, video footage or even live streaming of an event can play an important role for your coverage. For this purpose Live Blog has always offered to embed your videos or live stream with the help of the embed editor by simply copy and pasting the URL of the video post from the respective platform (Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, ...) into Live Blog and publish it to your timeline. That is a good and easy way to make use of your video content, but it has the one downside that it requires an upload of the video to an external platform and then switching to Live Blog as a second step. In order to speed up this process and make it faster and easier for the editors, Live Blog now (v3.6) introduces as a beta the direct video upload to Youtube (to begin with).
Direct Youtube Video Upload (as from Live Blog version 3.6)
Connect your Live Blog to your Youtube account
So, how does it work and what does it require to directly upload your videos to your organisations Youtube account?
You need to have an active Google/Youtube account and set up a new project in the Google Console in order to create and download the required account credentials for the usage of the Youtube API from your Live Blog. Follow these steps and check the video on how to do this:
1. Go to https://console.developers.google.com/ and login.
2. Open "Select Project" menu.
3. Click on "New Project".
4. In the project name field, type the name of your project.
5. In project ID field, the console will provide a project ID. However, the project ID must be unique.
6. Once you create project successfully, find APIs tab in the sidebar. Here, a list of Google API will appear.
7. Click on API Library, find YouTube Data API v3 service, set its status to "Enable".
8. Now go to Credentials under APIs & auth section.
9. Open "OAuth Consent Screen".
10. Enter your product name and email. In the field Authorised domains paste liveblog.pro, then click on save.
11. Now inside credentials click on "Create Credentials", a small popup will open, then select "OAuth client ID".
12. In "Application type" select "Web application".
13. In the "Authorised redirect URIs" field, enter the redirect URL for example your instance url.
ex: https://example.com/api/video_upload/oauth2callback (it will depend on you Live Blog domain. Be aware that this url should NOT have backslash at the end, otherwise Google Authentication will throw an error.
OR you can get it from the video upload section of Live Blog when you go for uploading the credentials.
14. Click the "Create" button. You will get your "client_id" and "client_secret".
15. Download the credentials file (json) from the download icon shown in right side.
16. Upload the file to your Live Blog (open any blog and choose "Video" in the editor and follow the "Update Credentials" button)
Important Note: don't forget to signup with Youtube with the same account with which you have logged in to the Google Console.
Enjoy the direct Youtube video upload
Here is the "how to":
1. Open any blog, click on the "Add content here" button and choose "Video".
2. Either select a video from a folder or simply drag and drop the file right into the "Drag Video here" zone in the editor
3. The upload starts and the video is processed by Youtube (be aware that depending on the filesize the upload and processing may take up to a few minutes. To be able to publish the video in the timeline you should NOT reload or close your browser's tab/window).
4. As soon as the video has been uploaded to Youtube it can be published to the timeline